Saturday 4 February 2012

Dram of the day: GLENFARCLAS SINGLE MALT WHISKY 10 YEAR OLD 40% 70CL

From now on, I will be posting 'dram of the day,' where in which specific drinks will be highlighted, with tasting notes and my thoughts on them.

My first choice is Glenfarclas' single malt whisky (10 year old), it has a vibrant straw gold colour, with tempting sherry malty tones combined with a delicate smokiness, later releasing subtle spices. Warming the glass reveals honey, vanilla and pear drops.


It's overall flavour is delicately light, with a mouth watering combination of malt tones, smokiness and sherry sweetness. Hints of dried fruit, vanilla, cinnamon and cloves tempt the taste buds further. Lastly, we are left with a smooth finish with lingering flavours. 

I personally feel this dram to have a depth which you would normally find with a much older dram. It has an excellent aperitif and sweet tones. 


Follow me on: Twitter, Google +Whiskys.co.uk 

No comments: